Saturday 13 September 2014

1: Our Day at Ham Hill hill fort

On 6th September I went to the Ham Hill Heritage Trail to find out more about the Iron Age Britons and how they fought the Romans.  It was a brilliant day out.  Mum and my sister Charlotte came too.

First we were given a sheet that helped us complete all the questions for the Ham Hill Heritage Trail.  We met real Ancient Britons who were living on Ham Hill.  They showed us how to fight the Romans and the children went into the arena to fight the Ancient Britons.

Here are some great pictures of me learning how to fight the Romans.



After I went in the arena I went to the training school on the other side of the arena.  There was javelin throwing, spear jabbing on shields and sword training.  Then we went back into the arena to do our final lesson of fighting.



I am now an Iron Age Warrior!




This is us in battle!




This is a celt fighting for the Romans.